The Best Easy Vodka Sauce Recipe | Pasta ala Vodka
This simple and flavorful vodka sauce is an easy recipe you can now enjoy at home! It is made with a few simple ingredients and has the perfect amount of spice. It’s light and fresh and you will absolutely love it. It can be made in 30 minutes and is great leftover. Enjoy this delicious and very easy vodka sauce with your family, it’s perfect for a weeknight dinner!
I love Italian food. If you look at the recipes on the blog, you will see plenty with pasta J I know it’s not always the healthiest option, but it’s easy and quick and perfect for the family. Unfortunately, I have a tough time getting my toddler to eat veggies… I know that is surprising! Despite all my efforts, she really just wants noodles…
This dish is a nice, light, and flavorful option that honestly is one of the best vodka sauces I have ever eaten. The only sauce I’ve ever had that is better is Portillo’s. If you’re lucky enough to have one by you with a Barnelli’s, I truly can’t recommend it enough. Their vodka sauce is what started me on finding the perfect homemade recipe. Because, let’s face it, Portillo’s is expensive.
Before we get to the recipe, let’s talk about your noodle choice.
In all my time making Italian food, I believe that the noodle is a huge part of the equation. You can make the best sauces in the world, but sometimes it just doesn’t pair with the noodle that well. I used to think, “Ugh they all taste the same and are made from the same ingredients, what does it matter?” Well, in my experience, when your sauce is the focus of the dish, you want to use a noodle that can grab the sauce. Think rigatoni, penne, shells, etc. That is probably why when you order vodka sauce from a restaurant, it’s always rigatoni ala vodka.
We have come to love this Campanelle noodle with this dish! It is also the perfect size for our 16 month old and we do not have to cut it smaller :)
Tips for Making Vodka Sauce:
Use the Campanelle Noodle, you won’t regret it.
Mash up your own tomatoes, it creates a nice consistency! However, if you do not want to take the 2 minutes to do that, just go head and buy crushed tomatoes.
You can make this sauce in a large saute pan or sauce pan. That way, you can mix in the noodles before you serve.
The Best Easy Vodka Sauce Recipe
Makes: About 4-6 Servings
- Pasta Noodles
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Shallot, Minced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 - 28oz Can Whole Tomatoes (or crushed if you don't want to do that by hand)
- 1/3 Cup Vodka
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cook Noodles according to package instructions.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and cook shallots over medium heat until light brown, about 3-5 Minutes.
- Add in garlic, tomato paste, and crushed red pepper, and pinch of salt. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and Vodka. Let simmer until the alcohol cooks off, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- With a potato masher, mash up tomatoes until they are all crushed.
- Add in heavy cream and cook until warmed and combined. About 3 minutes.
- Optional: Add more red pepper flakes for addional spice.
- Serve Warm over your favorite noodles topped with Parmesan Cheese.