Maple Turkey Breakfast Sausage | Easy Paleo Breakfast Sausage in the Cast Iron Skillet
This quick paleo breakfast sausage is great to have in your rotation. The store bought breakfast sausages are full of additives and preservatives and I am always looking for ways to upgrade the ingredients in my home. You can make this paleo breakfast sausage in about 15-20 minutes so you could easily make it before work, or save yourself even more time by making a batch over the weekend. It keeps well in the refrigerator and it can be frozen for future use. Finding a healthy homemade breakfast sausage alternative was not an easy task. It’s hard to make sausage taste as good as the store bought because of all the flavor enhancers that they use, but this one is a great breakfast idea. Bonus: it’s toddler approved!
The following post contains affiliate links. Crafting the Good Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I should say that it definitely tastes “healthier”. I’m not going to act like those ridiculous people who say that when you make zoodles, you won’t even miss regular noodles! Yes I will Karen, I miss the damn noodles. BUUUUT the alternative is definitely tasty, especially knowing I’m doing better for my body.
I try to use my cast iron skillet for as much as I can. I truly think that dishes turn out soo much better when it’s used. It just provides an extra flavor and it is super awesome that I can throw it in the oven if necessary as well, if you don’t have one, get one :)
Cast Iron Skillet - Maple Turkey Breakfast Sausage
Makes: 4 Servings (2 patties per serving)
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Ground Sage
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground All-Spice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste
- 2 tsp Olive Oil (for cooking the meat)
- Mix the turkey and all dry ingredients in a large bowl and use your hands to mix all togther.
- Divide meat into 8 patties, making them about 1/3 inch thick.
- Heat 2 tsp of Olive Oil (or whatever oil you like) in the cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the patties.
- Cook patties about 4-5 minutes per side. The meat should get significantly browned.
- Serve warm with your favorite breakfast foods, like eggs or potatoes!