Gluten Free Chicken Fajita Bowls | Easy and Healthy Recipe | 30 Minute Dinner
I truly love recipes that are quick and easy. This is a fast dinner that can be on the table in 30 minutes (or less!). Whether you’re gluten-free, paleo, whole30, clean eating, or just down right love fajitas, this recipe is perfect for you. It can easily be adapted to fit whatever lifestyle choices you are making right now! I personally like it over rice, it is just more filling that way!
The following post contains affiliate links. Crafting the Good Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I'm always experimenting with new recipes/ideas and most of them are just average. This Gluten-Free recipe turned out better than I thought it would! It was great and easy and I highly recommend it! It is also a great lunch, it makes good leftovers…so we always make enough for dinner one night and lunch the next day.
You don’t have to use a rice cooker, but we LOVE ours! (we have his one)I just feel like the rice turns out so much better if you use one. We use ours all the time! It just does take a little more time to prepare the rice…however, you can cook the rest of the meal while the rice cooks!
This recipe calls for grilled chicken…but since it’s literally -4 degrees out right now, we chose NOT to grill tonight. We cut each breast in half and cooked it in a saute pan. It takes about 5 minutes per side. Do whichever is easier for you!
Gluten-Free Chicken Fajita Bowls
Makes: 4 Servings
- 2 Chicken Breast, grilled
- 1.5 Long Grain Rice, Uncooked
- 1 Green Pepper,Thinly Sliced
- 1 Red Pepper,Thinly Sliced
- 1 Red Onion,Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Fajita Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mexican Cheese
- Cook Rice in the Rice Cooker, about 30 minutes. Or use the stove-top and follow directions on the packaging.
- While rice cooks, heat up the grill. Season chicken with salt and pepper and put chicken on the grill when it is warmed up. Cook for about 8 minutes persode, or until fully cooked through.
- Slice Peppers and Onion.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and add peppers and onions to the saute pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add fajita seasoning and chicken to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Serve over rice, top with cheese, and enjoy!