Pasta Primavera | 30 Minute Dinner
I've been on the search for the perfect pasta primavera ever since I had an amazing dinner a few years ago at a restaurant in Highwood. I think this is pretty close to perfect and will definitely be continuing to make this recipe! The best part is, you can really use whatever veggies that you like. This week we used the veggies we got from the Green City Farmers Market and that we grew in the our own garden!
We find it turns out the best if you steam the broccoli first. If you don't, it gets too soggy or not cooked enough. The roasting of the vegetables gives it the perfect texture for the pasta. We've made it too many times where it comes out a vegetable mush.
The herbs de province give the dish the perfect amount of seasoning to make it absolutely perfect!
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 Zucchini,sliced and halved.
- 1 Yellow Squash, sliced and halved.
- 1 Green Pepper,roughly chopped.
- 1 large Broccoli Crown
- 1 Pkg Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 Onion, roughly chopped.
- Noodles (I like Penne or Linguine
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese (to top with)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Herbs De Province
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees
- Steam broccoli for about 15 minutes.
- While broccoli is steaming. Cut up squash, green pepper, and onion. Place on baking sheet and season with olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs de province. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- While veggies are roasting, cut up cherry tomatoes and cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Add broccoli and cherry tomatoes to the pan in the oven. Bake about 10 minutes more.
- Mix together and top with Parmesan Cheese.
This post contains affiliate links which help support Crafting the Good Life at no extra cost to you.