Losing the Baby Weight: 2018 Goals
It may be cliché to have major health and fitness goals for the new year, but oh well, I’m doing it. I am about to get real with you all, so please don’t judge me on the personal details I’m about to give. I just want to be real with you all and be honest about my current state and the goals that I have.
My weight has fluctuated over the past 7 years and I have struggled to stay in a healthy and feeling good place. It’s not really about the number on the scale, but it is one good indicator of where I am at. Over the years, I have found a healthy weight that I know I can maintain (if I put in some effort) is 150-160 lbs. I’ve always been heavier than my peers and have finally accepted that I don’t really care. I’m 5’2 and can accept I’ll never weigh 120 (I mean, my license from when I was 16 says 135, which we all know is a fib 😉) I weighed like 155 on my wedding day, and I think I looked pretty good!
So fast forward, I was 185 lbs when I got pregnant. Not my finest moment, but whatever. Then, I gained 50 lbs while pregnant. Yikes! (yes, I was walking around at 235 at the end of my pregnancy. No wonder why my back and feet hurt so bad...)
Well luckily, a ton of that weight came off in the week post-partem! I had high fluid levels and a 9.5 lb baby, so I was already down to 195 two weeks after birth! I’d be more excited if I wasn’t so heavy when I got pregnant… I still have a long way to go….
I know my stomach will probably always resemble a saggy raisin, but I would like it to be a smaller one. I’d like to be able to wear jeans and some of my old clothes. I’d like to not cringe when I look at the picture I just took…
There are two motivators behind my 2018 goals:
1) I want to feel better and reduce inflammation. The aches and pains are far too real.
2) I will be thinking about kid #2 before too long and would like to start that pregnancy in a healthier state. I just think that being pregnant will be a little easier if I’m not so heavy. Starting now gives me PLENTY of time to make some real changes!
3) I really want to be able to wear my wedding rings again!
My goals for 2018:
- Consistent workout routine
- Workout 5-6 days per week
- HIIT 3-4 days per week
- Yoga 2 days per week
- Stretch 6 days per week
- Eat Healthy
- No fast food
- Dessert only twice per week
- Keep snacks healthy (i.e. real food only)
- Make a weekly meal plan
- Veggies with every meal
- Smoothie every day
- Don't buy crap at the grocery store
- Drink 100 oz of water each day
- Meditate for 10 minutes each day
- Lose 35 lbs
How will I track it?
I will be using a traveler’s notebook that I made to write down my meals and track my daily habits!
I will be making a meal plan every week (don’t worry, I’ll share it here!)
I will be giving updates on the blog and Instagram
Weekly weigh ins and measurements.