Tonight we are having the skinny chimigangas again because we liked them so much! I also wanted to use my kitchen aid mixer to try out some mashed potatotes. I didn't think traditional mashed potatoes would go so well with our mexican dish so I decided to try out some Mexican style mashed potatoes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 Minutes
1. 6 long white potatoes (but you can use the potatoes you prefer)
2. pepper to taste
3. Salt to taste
4. 1/4 t Onion Powder
5. 4 T Scallions (green part)
6. 1 Cup Almond Milk (again, use the milk you prefer)
7. 3 T Butter
8. 1 T Diced Green Chilies
9. 2/3 Cup Mexican Blend Cheese
1. Boil water in a pot. Add a pinch of each spice to the water so the potatoes can start soaking in all of the wonderful flavors.
2. Cut potatoes in to quarters (small chunks) and place into boiling water. Let boil for about 30 minutes or until a fork can penetrate completely through the potatoes.
3. Place potatoes into mixer and add milk, butter, salt, pepper, onion powder, chilies, and cheese. Mix until desired consistency. (or mash by hand).
All of these amounts can be changed to your specific liking.
What else could you add?